Photo Album

This photograph shows a small part of the island that I have been living on the past few
months. The cabin you see is the one I built
and is where I sleep. As you may notice, there
is a person fishing, that is Garvey. We always go to the other side of the lake to fish because there are more over there. You cannot see the small forest in this picture, but it is right behind Garvey. This island is so beautiful in the nighttime and day, I love it!





The soaking pond, a place where calmness and quietness rush through my body. I come here every morning and soak until I feel I have soaked long enough for my anger to be relieved. It is tucked away from the lake and surrounded by trees which makes it all the more relaxing. I don't know what I would ever do without this soaking pond. 




This is the Spirit Bear that mauled me when I first came to the island. Now your probably thinking, its not a spirit bear, it's just a plain old white bear. You believe what you want to believe but I am done lying, my life is full of lies, it needs to stop. Besides, I don't need to
prove anything, I am telling the truth. 






This is my ancestor rock, the rock I carry every morning after my trip to the soaking pond. I carry this bowling ball sized rock up the hill, thinking of my ancestors and past. When I reach the top of the hill, I say good-bye to my anger and past, and push the rock down the slope. After I am done, I am at peace and can start a fresh new day. This process is also a good workout for me as well, it helps me stay fit and strong.



 

A picture of the hot dog that Garvey made the first night on the island when we returned the second time. I learned something that night, and that is, life is like a hot dog. He told me that the whole world was like a hot dog, you choose what you do with it. You can pick to have a simple hot dog with just a bun or you can add relish, ketchup, onion and mustard. The same goes to life, you can decide to make it simple and boring, or make it a celebration. All of life is a hot dog. Make of it what you will. 




The moon, symbolizing the circle of life. This photograph was taken in the dead of the night, darkness and complete silence surrounding it. That everybody is apart of a circle, whether it be Circle Justice, or your own circle in your own way. Every part of a circle is both a beginning and an end. A circle, is the only thing Peter could teach me to carve.





This is the at.oow blanket that Garvey gave me when I first arrived at the island. He told me that if I promised to care for it, he would trust me to have it. Now at first, I was so mad, I didn't care about it, and actually threw it in the cabin when it was going down in flames. It must not have made it in the flames because it is perfectly undamaged. This blanket is a sign of trust, which is why I gave it to Peter, I trust him, and I hope he learns to trust me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment