Slowly But Surely

May 20, 2001

   Peter has been with us on the Island for about two weeks now. He has been doing little things to me like stepping on my stuff with his muddy shoes or crossing out one of my carvings on my totem, to try to make me mad but it is not working. This monring he went to the soaking pond with me, and it was not pretty. He had a mental breakdown and started punching and kicking me. I was in much pain, but promised myself to not fight back. He finally stopped and started crying. I hugged him and I think he was okay with that. That was when I saw the Spirit Bear, I whispered to him and told him that was the Spirit Bear, the bear that attacked me. He saw it with his very two eyes, he saw what I saw, at last somebody believed me.
   I think that he has opened up his heart a little bit for forgiveness. I have a feeling this island will bring us together and we will possibly be friends again. I know our friendship will not be tight, but at least we will both share and never forget the memory of the Spirit Bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment