Changed

March 25, 2001

    Last night, I danced the dance of anger. This was a point that made me really think and change. I started by just dancing by the fire, then it moved to the forest and me hitting a tree. I learned a lot from this dance, and that is the simple word: Forgiveness. I learned that you need to have room in your heart to forgive instead of holding a grudge. Also, that in order to make peace between others and yourself, you need to be willing to forgive and be open to do so. That night, I forgave my father for beating me, and I forgave myself as well. I also have forgiven the Spirit Bear for nearly killing me. I know he was just trying to defend himself from being hurt by me. If it were his choice, he would not have chosen to fight at that moment. Right now, life makes sense, and I like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment