Problem

April 4, 2001

   There is a huge problem right now, I returned from a dip in the soaking pond and there sat Garvey. He told me that Peter had tried to commit sucide and was emotionally depressed. I was speechless at thought of this and knew deep down inside this was because of me.
    After a sleepless night of thinking, I realized what I needed to do. Keeping in mind how much this island has changed me, maybe it would do the same for Peter. It occurred to me that if Peter came to this island, maybe he could soak in the pond with me, make his own totem and carry an ancestor rock too. I would show him how much I changed and maybe there would be a slight chance he would forgive me. He probably would not want to come to an island where a person who had beat him senseless lived, but it was worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment