Island Reunion

May 10, 2001


    At first Garvey thought I was crazy for even suggesting the whole idea about Peter coming to the island. Then it must have got to him, and he realized there was nothing else that would help him and this was the only option. He told Peter and his parents of this idea, and at first they chuckled at thought and then they too said it was the last chance they had to take before it may be too late.
   Sure enough, they arrived on the island and just like I thought, Peter does not say a word. I explain to Peter's parents what I do every day and show them the soaking pond. I tell them of the anger dances, the totem pole and how I have changed.
   They stayed a few days until they thought it was okay to leave. Peter has said very minimal words and has refused to do the activities I have asked him to do with me. I will not give up on him and I know we will work things out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment